MT.FAMY (LAGUNA)

MT. ROMELO
Siniloan, Laguna
Major Jump-off: Brgy. Macatad, Upland Siniloan
Days required / hours to summit: 1 day, 2-3 hours
Features: Waterfalls, rain forest

Almost ten years ago, I climbed Mt. Romelo in an overnight trip. I was overwhelmed by the experience. Part of it was because hiking was still very new to me, it was only my FIRST mountain. But another part was due to the fact that Mt. Romelo - which used to be called 'Famy' - truly possessed pristine beauty.
After that memorable hike, I was all the more convinced that hiking is a great activity that I wanted to be a lifelong passion.
When we arrived, we were asked to give a registration fee of P20.  After writing our names on the logbook, we were asked to wear an ID .
The trails were very muddy, because of the heavy traffic that it has to accommodate regularly: of horses and humans alike. This heavy traffic is indelibly linked to hiking activity: more locals now go up the mountain to sell food and drinks to mountaineers, among other things. Indeed, so many huts have been built along the trail, where the usual buco juice and Mountain Dew are sold.


I love Mt. Romelo.. These memories are special to me, and so are the waterfalls that I think make Mt. Romelo a unique destination, with such rich waterforms so close to Metro Manila.






HOW TO GET  TO MT.ROMELO
 YOU CAN TAKE RAYMOND BUS THAT’S BOUND TO ANTIPOLO AND ASK THE DRIVER TO DROP YOU OFF AT THE JUMP OFF POINT TO BURWISAN WHICH IS FAMY.

THEN TAKE A TRICYLCLE RIDE TO THE DROP POINT TO BRGY MACATAD IN FAMY TELL THE DRIVER THAT YOU GOING TO BURWISAN FALLS 




No comments: